Additional Functionality Request: Track Tags by User

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM

One of the functionality that we are really interested in seeing if it is possible is instead of a just a simple text field if there was a way to capture who added which tags, but on the List View still show all the tags together (less duplicates).

The best visualization I can offer is on the rating and comments columns in the SharePoint Tool Basket Document Rating solution: http://sptoolbasket.codeplex.com/

The reason for this request is two fold:

1) A web part can then be developed similar concept to what you do to display "Existing Tags", but could be "My Tags" instead, based on the logged in user credentials.

• Provides an easy way for users to track down which documents they personally thought were interesting, and, like the standard cloud, would emphasize which tags were used most, but only in relation to their usage.

2) A web part can be created to show what other users have tagged that list item (or document) AND/OR who else used the same tags you did, which can help build user connections / community

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2009 at 2:00 PM

This is not a minor change, but I'd like to open a ticket in the issue tracker, in order not to forget this interesting suggestion.

Thanks

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Will do