Error: Couple issues with "Existing Tags"

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Version running: 1.1.1

Two noted issues around the "Existing Tags" function:

1) When clicking on an existing tag, it does successfully add it to my Tags field, but it doesn't account for existing values, so it doesn't detect that a delimiter doesn't exist at the end of the existing tags:

• EX: list; nuage; test    >>>>  if you click an existing tag to add it to that list, say "cloud", the list will then look like >>>> list; nuage; testcloud;

2) I like how existing tags recognize if they exist and then will remove themselves when clicked. However, if your original tag includes a space, the Existing Tags don't recognize it is already in your list when you click it

• EX: list; tag cloud; nuage >>>> since the tags take out the space, the "tag cloud" now shows as "tagcloud" in the existing tags, but if you click it the list will then look like >>>> list; tag cloud; nuage; tagcloud;
  • Note: The exception to this rule is if the item with the space is the first tag, so if it was >>>> tag cloud; list; nuage >>>> then clicking "tagcloud" will correctly remove "tag cloud;"
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM

1) Yes indeed. You can add a new ticket in the issue tracker, so that we keep this suggestion in mind.

2) In version 1.2, the tags will be considered as different by the engine, too.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Great!

Sorry about not using the Issue Tracker. It seemed most people were stating issues in the discussions, so wasn't sure if the Issue Tracker was being used. I will make sure it gets there.