Limit tag cloud to selected sites / lists

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Are there any plans to include something in the tagcloud web part that will limit the LaunchQuery method to a specified site or list? I like the roll-up feature of the tag cloud, but it would be nice to be able to restrict the list to a certain library, list, or site. 
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM
I uploaded a patch for something like this. It's nothing much, just restricting the web part display to the current SPWeb, but it suited our needs. I'm sure you could get much fancier, with a site and list selection dialog.
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Is your patch uploaded on codeplex or is your patch locally deployed?
If the patch is upload on codeplex, can you indicate where?
thx
Apr 27, 2009 at 1:37 PM
I uploaded the patch #2804 here.
Apr 28, 2009 at 7:38 PM
2 quick questions...

Firstly, I agree that this feature is useful - can it be added to the main code.

Secondly, in the mean time - how would i go about integrating it at my end so that I can install the solution in our environment. Any chance you could send it to me??

Stuart
May 1, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Stuart, I'll send you an email directly.
May 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi,

Could you also tell me how to integrating the patch at my end? Thanks a lot

Ping

May 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

I only know how to do it using TortoiseSVN, but there are lots of instructions for other ways to do it. Once you have a local copy of the Nuage source code from Subversion, right click on it go to TortoiseSVN > Apply Patch. Navigate to the patch and let TortoiseSVN walk through the rest.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM

We applied your patch, but eventually refactored too much and cannot keep this feature as such.

Indeed, in version 1.1, we have moved the cache from the CamlQuery to the ASP.net cache level. Hence managing a cache for each site was too complex and not necessary optimal.

Also the latest version offers you the possibility to use several columns for tagging. You can perfectly create a column that you use only on a specific site.