Install Instructions

Feb 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM
Just a quick question, i can't seem to get this to work.  The tail end of the install instructions on the Home page doesn't seem to make any sense.  Maybe i missed the instructions elsewhere on the site, but could somebody clear up the installation and setup instructions please?  Thanks.
Mar 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM
If you have installed the feature okay then you need to log in to the site collection as a site collection admin and then go into Site Actions/Site Settings.
Then in the Galleries section go to Web Parts.
Then click on New
Now you should see two new web parts for the Tag Cloud and Tag Browser.
Select them both and click on Populate Gallery.

If you don't see them in the list then the feature hasn't been deployed to the Site Collection or activated (or the web parts are already active and you would see them when trying to add a new web part to a page).
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, all of the stated steps have been completed.  I have added them as a site collection admin and they are currently both on a test site.  My issue is i'm not sure how to get them talking together or how to point them to a list or object that the tag cloud can reference.  I'm not sure if this is a stand alone feature or if something else is needed.  I do not have a Tag column, so my question again is, the tail end of the installation on the main page does not make any sense to me.  This would be as a site contributor section.  if you could clarify those steps, mainly the setting up of communication with both web parts in their settings, and then what is needed on the source list or doc library in order for both web parts to work, that would be very helpful and most appreciated.  Again, thanks for the quick reply and i'm sure i'm just missing a step somewhere.

• On a list or document library, selection Actions > Parameters. Un the "column" section, select add existing column and add the column "Tags"
  • On a page, selection Actions > Modify. Add the webpart "BDF-TagCloud" and "BDF-TagBrowser". These two webparts can actually be on different pages, the page that holds the TagBrowser should be mentioned in the parameters of the TagCloud webpart.
Mar 2, 2009 at 2:45 PM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 2:51 PM
When you say you don't have a Tags column are you adding a new column (from existing site columns) to something like the document library and it is not appearing?  Or are you missing this step?  When you look at Site Columns you should see a group named BDF-TagCloud and Tags will be in that group.

You need the Tags column on at least one list or library and a record/item's Tags field to be populated - the Tag Cloud web part will then show that info.
Mar 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Thank you, there is the disconnect.  That wasn't very clear in the instructions, however, looking in my Site Columns section at the root of my Site Collection there is in fact no group named BDF-TagCloud that should contain the Tags field.  The web parts are there as they should be, i have placed them on the main page of my testing site, but again, no Site Column group by the name of BDF-TagCloud.  I have checked several times, rebooted the test server for kicks, but no Site Columns.  I'm just glad i'm not going crazy, hehe, i'll try removing the feature and then redeploy it to see if there was some hickup in the way it initially installed.  Thanks for your help, i'll update you on the outcome.
Mar 3, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Edited Mar 3, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Same problem as the previous user - I have added the webparts to a wiki site successfully, but I don't see the site column "Tag" any place.  Also, will this work with a wiki site?  Please help!!
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Sorry for exporting the initial BDF name. We have fixed this: now the Group is called "Nuage - Tagging for Sharepoint" and the webparts are named "tag cloud" and "tag browser". Thanks

The latest release, 1.0.1 has fixed the names. Also the webparts are now added automatically in the gallery. Give a try to this new version!
Aug 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I have installed the most current version Nuage-1.2.0.wsp and I am having the issue posted above by wpmcclure.

There is no Nuage... or BDF... section in the Site Columns Gallery.  Nothing that has Tags in it anywhere.  I would like very much to test this webpart so if you could let me know if you have a fix for this issue I would be grateful.