Cannot see the web part

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Hi,

I deployed and activated the feature on a test server.  I can see the new site column OK but cannot find any new web parts.  Have I missed something?

Cheers,
Pete.

Edit: this was on MOSS by the way which now works fine other than links in the Tag Cloud web part not working.
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:56 AM
Im having the same problem. Deployed and activated but cant see the webpart ?
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Sorry for the lack of documentation at this moment.
I've just completed the FAQ section of the home page with detailed instructions.

i've also discovered there was a notification option in codeplex, I should answer quicker next time you ask a question.
Feb 24, 2009 at 9:50 PM
Okay I can add both webparts now. the tag cloud doesnot load at all. 

The "TagCloud" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

The other one TagBrowser works but i have tryed adding tags but i still get this message in the webpart "No tags specified in the query"

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Hello,

I'm having the same issue as mmauer. my tag cloud web part works fine but when I click on it. The tag page with the browser part fails with error

The "TagCloud" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator.

If I put a value in the url that is not set as a current tag.. then the page renders.

example: http://portal.com/site/pages/tags.aspx:tags=test  this would error becouse I set it as a tag in one of my lists

but example: http://portal.com/site/pages/tags.aspx:tags=testnotinlist   this would render correctly and display items 1-0 on 0 tagged testnotinlist 

no items associated with this tag

Ideas??

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:22 AM
Just tried installing this on a vanilla WSS 3.0 server and I am getting the same error as the two guys above:

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2009 at 9:52 AM
We have never encountered this error. Can you please deactivate the Custom error page, and send us a more completer error message? Thanks!
To do so, you need to edit the web.config like this:

@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<SharePoint>

-    <SafeMode MaxControls="200" CallStack="false" DirectFileDependencies="10" TotalFileDependencies="50" AllowPageLevelTrace="false">

+    <SafeMode MaxControls="200" CallStack="true" DirectFileDependencies="10" TotalFileDependencies="50" AllowPageLevelTrace="false">

<PageParserPaths>

</PageParserPaths>

</SafeMode>

@@ -128,6 +128,7 @@

<RuntimeFilter Assembly="Microsoft.Office.Server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" Class="Microsoft.Office.Server.Audience.AudienceManager" BuilderURL="audience_chooser.aspx" />

</SharePoint>

<system.web>

+<customErrors mode="Off"/>

<httpHandlers>

<remove verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" />

<add verb="GET,HEAD,POST" path="*" type="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpHandler, Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" />

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:13 AM
Edited Feb 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM
Hi,
I tried that but there is no better error message than the SharePoint one.  I have looked in the SharEPoint logs though and found this:
02/26/2009 11:09:20.34  w3wp.exe (0x0A3C)                        0x07AC Windows SharePoint Services    General                        72kg High     #20015: Cannot open "TagCloudFeature.en-US.resx": no such file or folder. 
02/26/2009 11:09:20.34  w3wp.exe (0x0A3C)                        0x07AC Windows SharePoint Services    General                        72kg High     (#2: Cannot open "TagCloudFeature.en-US.resx": no such file or folder.) 
02/26/2009 11:09:20.34  w3wp.exe (0x0A3C)                        0x07AC Windows SharePoint Services    General                        8e26 Medium   Failed to open the language resource keyfile TagCloudFeature.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Pete.

EDIT: I thought it was my regional settings for the site which were stuck on US not UK.  Changed to UK But still get the same error when adding the web part.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2009 at 12:55 PM
This error, despite being marked HIGH, does actually not matter at all (you can blame MS log policy)
It says yout localised resource file is missing, in which case there is a fall back on the default resource file. Hence, it's not a big deal.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:56 PM
I have just released version 1.0.1.
I suggest you give it a try
Mar 6, 2009 at 3:14 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2009 at 3:49 PM
Hi I have tried installing the new beta version on both a MOSS and WSS server and I cannot add the web part to any page - get a message "Unable to add selected web part(s).  Tag cloud: Cannot import this Web Part"

I have tried this by uninstalling v1.0 and then installing v1.0.1, and also by upgrading the v1.0 solution and both intall methods give the error above.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:46 AM
The core DLL was missing from the WSP for version 1.0.1.
I have repackaged the WSP, released yesterday as version 1.0.1-r1. Sorry for the inconvenience
Apr 26, 2009 at 3:35 AM
Did you find anything?  Should I try version 1.0.1-r1?

I deployed version 1.0.2 and I get the same error messages as zoidy, mmauer, and bbelcher above:

May 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Hi together,

I've also tried the version 1.0.2 and got the Error message

The "TagCloud" Web Part appears to be causing a problem. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Is there a solution in the meantime ?

May 23, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Edited May 23, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Hello
I've allready checked the SPTagCloud.dwp from http://wsssearch.com/tagging.html and it works fine
but only for Lists and not Librarys.
That the reason why I try installing the nuage tagcloud.
Installation works fine, btw I've extend debbuging to max
But from the to webparts nuage using only the TagBrowser.dwp is working
If I try a preview of TagCloud.dwp an error occure

An error occured when previewing the Web Part.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartPreview.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at ASP._layouts_wpprevw_aspx.__Render__control9(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\WPPrevw.aspx:line 43
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.UnsecuredLayoutsPageBase.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

Is there a workaround available?

I gues it should be possible to install 2 different TagClouds on a site, because I still have the wssssearch webpart installed.
Does this could caused the error?
Thanks for any assistance on that matter

Jul 2, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Hi,

I have deployed the Tag Cloud Web Parts to 2 standalone farms, but it gave the following error when adding Tag Cloud Web Part, however, the Tag browser worked fine.

I am running on WSS 3.0 (ver. 12.0.0.6318).

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Hi decamps,

I can see it's quite a while ago someone posted something here, but I hope you still can and want to help me.

The thing is that I've deployed version 1.0.2 and I get the same error messages as zoidy, mmauer, and bbelcher above:

I hope you can help me, because I'm getting crazy here.

Many thanks in advance for your effort and time!

All the best,
Quincy